We are a support group for autistic and socially anxious young people aged 0-25 and their families.
We believe in a world where every child can freely socialise. Our mission is to provide supportive socialisation for autistic and socially anxious children, teens and young adults. We facilitate peer support for parents, carers and families by creating a safe non-judgemental environment, encouraging the sharing of ideas, resources and support.
How we can help
Safe environment for all
- We provide a safe environment for young people aged 4-25 to meet up and socialise, explore their feelings and gain peer support
- We facilitate parental and carer peer support for the families of all aged children affected by autistic spectrum conditions (ASC) and/or social anxiety
What People Say
“We so look forward to Monday nights. They are the highlight of his week”– Mum
“If I had a thousand pairs of hands then I’d use them all to give a thumbs up” – One of our 7-11’s
“The group provides parents with a safe supportive environment where they can share their worries, disasters and success stories while also swapping ideas and encouraging each other”.– Stella, Volunteer
- Donate to ASCapeThank you so much to Dave Burwood-beames, saviour of unwanted bikes and kind donor to ASCape. “The first donation to ASCape has been made today of £70 – thanks to those who donated their unwanted bikes and those who bought them. Please help me keep on doing this by not taking your unloved bike toContinue reading “Donate to ASCape”
- Oct Half TermSaturday 23rd October – A Halloween activities afternoon at The Shire Corscombe for the 7-11’s. Pumpkin trail followed by Halloween Arts & Crafts. This activity is subsidised by ASCape. Cost to parents is £6.50 per child payable on the day. Limited to 10 children so sign up fast on our Facebook page. Tuesday 26th OctoberContinue reading “Oct Half Term”
- Hooke Court Trips for the Autumn/Winter 20219th October – Wizarding fun with Harry Potter 6th November – Whiz pop bang with rockets fun 4th December – Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Become a Volunteer
ASCape is run entirely by volunteers. With the aim of helping as many people as possible, we always are in need of more enthusiastic helpers, even for as little as one afternoon a month. Please contact us for more info.